Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thanks to Yarns Unlimited, I need a bigger basket


You can tell I spent time with my grandma ;)

5 gorgeous skeins of Manos del Uruguay in colorway 115, to become a sweater sometime in the future.


And 2 skeins of Plymouth Dreambaby DK in colorway 117 (no idea what they'll be used for; I just liked the color :P )

Along with the yarn, I got another pair of buttons for Trendsweater, which I'm forcing myself to finish (or at least finish a side) before I continue with other projects.

On another note, I finished my Hitty doll!

Isn't she cute?

Okay, so my grandma did most of the work, but I painted the face, arms, and legs (the hardest part) and sewed all the hand-made lace and the reeeaallly tiny cross-stitch.



Have a great day!

4 comments:

Sisterly Knits said...

Weird...I noticed your nail polish color before I noticed anything else...it's the same color thatI'm wearing..plus mine is all blotchy and eating away like yours...hehee.

Ho.

What a cute dolly! I just want to snatch her up and run! Are you going to sew/knit anymore clothing for her *hinthint*?

And that yarn is yummy. O__O Gawd, you really do need a bigger basket. I would stash the blue one under your bed, and then during the summer, find it again -and see if you can find something to knit with it. xD

Sisterly Knits said...

Yesss, my kitty has cow spots. xD He's a big cow. Fat and spotty.

Sisterly Knits said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you something - design something, and ask Rachel at Knitting Pattern Central to index your designs! She'll do it! Plus, it brings MASSIVE traffic. One day I got 580 visitors...in ONE DAY!

Just ask her, also - submit your blog to google. Just type in the google search box "submit site to google", and the rest is history.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you cannot be telling me that you made a Hitty doll! I adored Hitty as a kid; it was one of my very favorite books. That, along with a book about paperdolls who blew around everywhere, and a penny doll with a diamond ring around its neck that the seller didn't notice. See a common theme here?

Also, you and I must share our taste in blues, because the that Plymouth Baby is lucious looking.