Okay, so for the English Festival, we have to either submit 3 drawings based on the books or do a book report on 3 extra books you have to read. So you can see why I chose the first option.
Marie, Dancing is one of my favorites we've had to read this year. It is about a French ballet dancer (a dance I took for about 7 years) at the Paris Opera (setting of the Phantom of the Opera, my absolute favorite musical) who poses for Edgar Degas' (my favorite artist) sculpture, Little Dancer Aged Fourteen.
It was not hard for me to love this book.
On the book's back cover is a picture of the sculpture, my third drawing assignment was due Thursday (it was Wednesday at the time), and I had no inspiration, so I just decided to free-hand draw the sculpture for my last assignment.
Problem: I got too attached to this picture to give it up.
Luckily, my teacher accepted a pretty exact copy from the school's copy machine, and my English Festival work was complete.
A strange coincidence between this picture, myself, Edward Degas (from Marie, Dancing):
"I understood that Monsieur Degas recieved many offers for his stauette, but he refused to sell it."
"When Degas' heirs visited his studio after his death, they found dozens of small sculptures in wax and clay . . . [T]he heirs chose seventy-three of the best-preserved pieces and took them to a maker of bronze castings . . . Today about thirteen hundred individual bronzes can be accounted for, including . . . several copies of the Little Dancer . . ."
*Creepy music*






2 comments:
The picture is very, very pretty! :D It looks exactly like the photo. I wwwiiiissshhhh I could draw like you. :)
:) Thanks!
Post a Comment