Monday, April 14, 2008

I can't think of a catchy title right now

Went to Jo-Ann with my mom today. First I picked up two sets of dpn's, US 3's (to replace the aluminum ones that I am allergic to. Now I'm back onto the Loooove Monkeys!) and US 1's (cause they were on sale, sock-sized, and US 2's were out of stock).

Then I got this pretty skein of Patons Rumor. It will become fingerless gloves for my friend Paige later on.

What I am doing with all these fingerless gloves? You will have to wait and see ;)

But these beautiful buttons I found just browsing. I just love the vintage-ness and the color (which is pretty exact in the picture). They will be sewed onto the front bands of Trendsweater.

Right now, Trendsweater looks like this.

Yeah. Not too impressive. I still have to seam the sleeves, the sides, and knit the left collar and front band. But then the fun part: finding more buttons!

Oh, and because I'm off school this week, I'll be at my grandma's for a couple of days. We'll most likely take a trip to Yarns Unlimited, but we'll also be working on my Hitty doll. I've been practicing my embroidery because I want to hand-sew all the cute little clothes. And if you are at my skill level of embroidery, you might need this:

Ciao!

1 comment:

Sisterly Knits said...

Awwwesssomeeee looking sweater and YARN. Omgish, I knew I should have bought that yarn.

My Mom refuses to waste her time to take me to Jo-Anns. She thinks they only sell fabric..>=?