Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Tale of Two Fugly Gloves

Once upon a time, there was a young maiden with a skein of Jo-Ann Sensations Licorice and a need to knit a pair of fingerless gloves.

Well, things obviously didn't go as planned.

"Oh my!" said she. "This first glove is too chunky! My palms are sweating and the thumb is cutting off my circulation! And also, it looks like a lumpy mutated teapot!"
And so she cast aside the first fugly glove.

Then, the maiden was whispered ideas to by the Magical World of Ravelry.com and spawned a second, better fingerless glove.
"This glove was knit in an hour flat!" she exclaimed. "Surely it is much better than the first glove!"

Again, no luck.

"Oh dear!" she cried. "It looks more like a stump than a fingerless glove! To fugly for another maiden to bear!"

And then the Magical Blogger Poll Feature called out to her, and the maiden had a brilliant idea.

"I know!" danced she. "I will leave the decision in the hands of Most Wonderful Visitors to the Thinking in Magenta Realm, and the glove that is chosen was be saved from The Frog and be given a mate!"

It is in your hands now, Dear Readers.

1 comment:

Sisterly Knits said...

Hehe, I enjoyed that small tale. :-) They both look really nice, but I'll have to go against the first one.