First off:
The Stitch Markers From Forever Ago

Aren't they cute? I made these back when I first bought my sock needles (which means they don't fit that many needle sizes :P ). Two matching ones I liked so much, they became earrings.
English Festival Art Project Turned Personal Closet Decoration

This one's more recent. It's from the book Shabanu. I impressed even myself with the shading (which I hate doing when drawing clothes).
Also, get this: the chadr used to be pink.
And finally:
The Camera Case I Made Before I Went To Washington But Was Too Lazy To Go And Take Pictures Of And Besides How Do I Take A Picture When The Camera's Inside The Case

Besides my horrible first attempt at seaming, this turned out great and IT FITS!!! The yarn is old. In fact, it's from the kit I got when I first wanted to learn how to knit, but the the instructions were not at all clear and so I never used the yarn. It is a pretty color, though :)
Also, my mom claims the button is the extra one (that comes in those little bags attached to the garment when you buy it) from a jacket she has. Well, I said, it was in my button jar, and you put all your spare buttons in your sewing basket, so it couldn't be.
Well, what do you know.

I still wonder how it managed to jump from her sewing basket into my button jar. The mouth of the jar is not very large, and besides, the lid was screwed on.
Ah well. I just hope that jacket doesn't lose a button anytime soon ;)






3 comments:
The camera case is cute! You know, I have a habit of picking off extra's from new-old clothing that no one wears. Teehee, it's the best way to build a button collection. Still, thats weird how that button ended up in your jar. Maybe aliens live in your house. O__o -creepy music- Woooeeewoooo...
Oh, and have you read the second book to Shabanu? I love that book! Haveli was so, so. I liked the first better. The drawing of Shabanu is pretty. Have you read Under the Persimmon tree yet?
I found your blog on sisterly knits blog. anyway, I love those stitch markers!! and the camera case is really cool too!! I made a case for my camera but it's not as cute.
Post a Comment