Thursday, January 24, 2008

Too much love to fit into one post~Part 2

And now the knitty part of my weekend comes in!

Monday
I visited Yarns Unlimited!

It is the greatest place ever.
Well, maybe not ever.
But it is still really cool ;)

After like spending half an hour nearly swooning from yarn lust, I started shopping. I got another skein of Steadfast Fibers Marvelous Mohair, because I didn't think my first skein was enough for the Gossamer Shell Lace scarf (from One-Skein Wonders) that I want to make.

And I also picked up two skeins of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino (man that's a mouthful—of gob-smacking gorgeous color nonetheless :P)

For this!

It is the beginning of the Spiral Eyelet Socks. My first socks :D
The colors are amazing and variegate like a rainbow, with a little brown stripe every here and there, looking like a little rain cloud amid all the glorious rainbow-ness.
Rainbow+clouds+socks=April Showers Socks

Also, while my grandma may not be much of a knitter (yet), she does have a stash of yarn that she's used over the years for doll hair. And she graciously let me keep these two.



Oh how I love my grandma!

No comments: