Monday, January 14, 2008

E=mc² (Emotional state=My so-Called scarf take 2)

This post has been seriously delayed due to science. A science project, to be accurate. A science project on which most of my grade depended on. So the blog, some of the knitting, and the all of the free time were set aside for a good week while I slaved over a overheating hard drive.

But I'm back now :D Yay!!!

And apparently so is this little green yarn-ripping, angst-inducing amphibian.

Grrr.

I think it purposely wants to ruin my yarn. This yarn has already been through multiple froggings. After frogging it again now, it reminded me of how my hair looked after I spent a good two hours graphing my science project.
The reason I frogged what I had is because I was running out of yarn (fast) and the scarf seemed too thick. I was using US 10 needles, so I went up to US 11's.

It looks good so far and it's just as thick as I want :) I borrowed Mary Weaver's idea of using a slip-stitch selvedge, and it's holding back curling, a plus.
Also, I changed the project's name from "Coral" to "Pink Aura Scarf" on Ravelry, as a reminder to myself not psych out too much.

Keepyouraurapinkkeepyouraurapinkkeepyouraurapinkdon'tfreakoutdon'tfreakoutdon'tfreakout

However this scarf turns out, there will be no more frogging. I will make sure of that.
You hear that, plastic thing? Needles aren't just for knitting. They happen to be very sharp. >:)

No comments: