Saturday, December 1, 2007

New (secret!) WIP's

My brothers have been begging and begging for me to make them hats. So I intend to make them hats for Christmas.

Now it's time for the small problems to come in.

I want the hats to be a surprise Christmas present, so I can't knit them while the bro's are around. That means no knitting in front of the TV :(
Also, how in the world will I measure their heads without them thinking something's up?

Honestly, what would your brother (or sister) think if you just came up to them, took a tape measure and wrapped it around their head, wrote something down (which CO 80, K1P1 rib 1 inch, K8 M1 around, K2P2 rib 5 inches must look like some kind of code to a non-knitter), and just walked away?
I'd be pretty suspicious, that's for sure. And slightly creeped out.

I hope my brothers aren't light sleepers, cause they'll probably get a visit from the head-measuring fairy tonight ;)

No comments: