Friday, December 4, 2009

FO: Ma Cherie



<3 <3 <3 <3
DONE DONE DONE and DONE



Pattern: Cherie Amour
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica in colorway 115 (Flame)
Time: a little over a year (oy)



Why yes, it is very difficult and ridiculous to take pictures of yourself.





I am gaga over this thing. It is warm and soft and awesomely pretty.



Some specs! I made the body in the small size, but when I had knit both sleeves in small, even with blocking they were not nearly big enough to wrap around my arm, though my gauge was spot on. So measuring the armholes for accuracy, I reknit the sleeves in the large size, only to find they were much too long! I ripped them back a few repeats from the top before seaming.

Overall, this pattern is delightfully simple for a first sweater, and mighty cute too. I've gotten great compliments :D

2 comments:

Melanie said...

This is simply beautiful! I've been looking at the pattern on knitty.com myself and have yet to find a great yarn to work with it. May I ask how long it took you? I'm not very fond of those EXTRA long knits that take YEARS! Well done!

MJ said...

Haha no, it is quite a quick knit! Mine only took so long because I put it off, and had issues with sizing it how I wanted, which led to re-knits. If you knit the sweater according to the pattern, it should no way take as long as mine did ;)