Tuesday, April 14, 2009

FO: Trompe-l'œil

What was I doing on the drive to Niagara? What else?

Vortex from the latest Knitty. Knit and finished in a day :D
Beware my flat hair.


Funny enough, in a last minute packing rush I stuffed the pattern printout, the needles, the leftover balck wool from my dad's hat, and a ball of random white yarn I found at the bottom of the basket with my stuff. I started knitting, but an hour into the trip I realized I was running out of white yarn fast, even though at the start the ball had been larger than the black wool!
There was a Jo-Ann in the shopping center where we stopped for drive-in lunch. My parents relented, I ripped back, and the day was saved with Paton's Classic Wool in Winter White xD

I highly recommend this pattern. The short row pattern is quick and easy to memorize, and who's doesn't love stripes?

2 comments:

Cimorine said...

I might make that for my sister! she's into black and white stripes . . . totally! she could be beetlejuice! anyway, very cool. glad you were saved by a yarn store! (I myself just recently got visited by the yarnian angel, or the yarn fairy, I'm not sure which)

Anonymous said...

this looks awesome. very nice job!