Monday, March 17, 2008

FO: Ali's Emerald Isle gloves

Complete with crappy artificial lighting!

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with how these came out. The yarn (Caron Simply Soft Shadows), besides from being rough acrylic, is actually kind of nice once knitted up. I wanted to to make one with two of the striping colors and the other differently striped, but wasn't sure if Ali is the kind of not-matching stripe girl. So I just rolled the yarn to where I needed the color to start for the next one, and cut.

Actually, I'm not even sure if she's Irish, like the name implies (and because of today's holiday).
At least I know green is her favorite color :P


Note: My pinky is only finger that would fit that ring ;)

You'll be seeing a lot more fingerless gloves over the few weeks/months, but I'll give you the scoop on the whole project later.

2 comments:

Happily Knit said...

Found you via Ravelry train, what a fun idea!

Your mitts look fantastic, what a great way to show holiday spirit. I love fingerless gloves lately, there are so many cute patterns out there right now! Plus they keep me toasty when I'm typing!

Happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

I like your fingerless gloves! They're great!